Monday, December 14, 2009

She Does it Again: Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread

When my sister assigned me to bring hors d'oeuvres to my niece’s 1st birthday party, I contacted my friend Christina to see if she had any new recipes I could try. She definitely came through and gave me a wonderful assortment to choose from. One of her recommendations was a cheese spread that she described as simple but delicious. I looked over the ingredients and found it to be an interesting combination – bacon, apricot, and garlic all in one dip? Christina has a very trustworthy palate and added this recipe to my list (praying that it would turn out somewhat yellow for the “Brown Bear” theme).

The recipe calls for bacon, and I substituted with soy bacon (aka “Fakin’”). This was a huge hit! The party guests loved it, and no one could quite pin-point all of the ingredients! Another winner from Christina, and one that will be added to my hors d'oeuvre repertoire.

Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread
Ingredients
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2-3 Tablespoons apricot preserves
3 green onions, chopped
3 Tablespoons cooked bacon (or soy bacon), crumbled
½ to 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Dash freshly ground black pepper
Serve with assorted crackers

Directions
In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves until blended. Stir in onions, back, garlic, and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment