Thursday, December 17, 2009

Signora DiVinici: Grape and Olive Compote

Another recipe that I tried for my niece’s birthday was from my friend, Christina. She recommended to me the historical fiction novel, Signora DiVinici to read. I recently received the book through an online mail order, and am hoping to find some time during my upcoming winter break to read it. Apparently the heroine cooks throughout the book and this recipe is included at the end.

As I was cooking for a crowd that included some non-olive-eaters, I omitted them and added some toasted walnuts instead. It was the perfect “purple” addition for my Brown Bear theme. I spread goat cheese on crostini and topped them with the grape and walnut compote. The recipe below is the original version with olives.

Grape and Olive Compote

Ingredients
2 cups red seedless grapes
1 cup olives
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 Tablespoons thyme

Directions
Toss everything in a glass bowl and put into 350°F oven for one hour – tossing every 20 minutes to coat.

Serve with goat cheese and crusty bread.





No comments:

Post a Comment